Monday 6 May 2013

From embossing folder to rubbing plate


After trying out the embossing folder as a rubbing plate I had an idea for experimenting with a resist technique which was inspired by an evening with the Brownies who were painting flowers using various different art materials. This time I rubbed over the embossing plate with an oil pastel and then sprayed over the top with a mist.

This was how it turned out...


I am loving the stitched look on layouts at the moment so I underlined my title with some lines of stitching.


This page really is a mix of the old with the new. The new part is this new doily stamp (Doily circle cling stamp from Hero Arts) with my lovely new Neon Pink ink pad (also Hero Arts).


And the old part is using up some old brads and a button badge and patterned paper and a decorative strip from Sassafras Lass.


1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic idea, I'm going to try this in my journal. Thanks for the inspiration.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete