Wednesday 13 April 2011

It's Sew Easy


So I was going to step away from online classes to catch up on all the projects that I still haven't finished from "Fun with Fabric, "Got To Paint" and Jenni Bowlin's new class on Big Picture, but then I saw that Julie Fei-Fan Balzer is running a class called "It's Sew Easy". Julie's work is fabulous and I am feeling more and more drawn towards art quilts/ fabric scrapbooking and so, how could I miss this? I thought I would sign up now and then work on the projects later, but Julie's excitement in the videos in infectious and I had to start sewing!

The first project was a great one as I could get my girls involved and they really loved making the art papers that were the starting point for the banner. The papers are in the photo above. Can you guess which was mine, and which were done by the 6 and 4 year old girls? They all looked fabulous when the shapes were punched out.

In my continuing quest to introduce more creativity to our house, I've been looking for projects to decorate the playroom with. This banner looks so great. My photos really don't do it justice, but here they are...



I'm definitely going to use this technique again :)

2 comments: