Tuesday 12 April 2011

Crafting in London




This weekend I headed up to London for a couple of days to myself. I don't think I've done this since I had my children and it was great. I spent the whole day on Friday in workshops with Donna Downey. I love her work and really enjoyed her online classes, so I have been really looking forward to the workshops. The day was fantastic and I learnt loads of new techniques.

I was the only person who was there for all three workshops through the day ( there were lots of others there for one or two classes) and Donna and her husband Bill very kindly invited me to join them for supper in between the second and third classes. They are really easy to chat to and I had such a great day.

Here's the camera bag/ purse we decorated...

Here is album we worked on in the evening...




The main workshop took up most of the day and it's about two thirds finished as Donna packed in so many ideas and techniques. I'm really looking forward to spending some time finishing it off.


On the Saturday I spent some time wandering about Covent Garden and watched a fabulous street performer - he was so funny. I headed up to Alexandra Palace after that for the Big Stamp and Scrapbooking show. There was a lot of excitement on online forums about this show, but I was left a little underwhelmed. I think I'm heading in a more mulit-media direction in my work at the moment and so I guess there was just a bit too much stamping and scrapbooking for me (the title of the show should have given me a clue to that!). I still managed to find a few things to buy though!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great weekend Emy..what a shame you were disappointed in Alexandra Palace1
    Your projects are fab..especially love the album
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the camera bag, i have followed alot of donna's classes on line and her wednesday inspirations on her blog too. glad u had a fab time, sounds like you have made a friend. shame about ally pally though. it sounds so big i'm amazed you dont need to camp out all weekend there to get the full thing. anyway, it was worth the chance to discover what you do and dont want.
    Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I'm a fellow class member of Julie's It's Sew Easy. Nice to meet you! Love your heart book! And the unicycle guy - made me laugh! My two sons both ride unicycles - I think there are about 7 of various size wheels in our garage! Glad you had a nice get-a-way all for yourself!
    http://schutt.net/sharon/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I felt exactly the same about the show and think it is for the exact same reasons - am going to check out the October Knit & Stitch show as that is supposed to be more mixed media'ry. (Yes, real word! *g*)

    Sounds like a fabby weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh Carmen - I hadn't heard of that show. Definitely sounds like it's one for the calendar!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Emy!

    Great to finally meet you at Donna's workshops on Friday :) I am glad you enjoyed yourself and how great to also have supper with Donna in the evening!!! I have just posted pictures from the weekend onto our facebook page (just also waiting for them to upload to our blog, but it is very sloooow!) and there are some lovely ones of you.

    Claire

    ReplyDelete