Monday 15 April 2013

A Jonah and the whale game


I was asked to bring along a game for Sunday school yesterday connected with the story of Jonah and the whale. Our group is for kids aged 4 - 7 and we have quite a lot of boys in the group so a competitive game usually works well. I painted the whale above on a large piece of lining paper and I used my kids ready mixed paint to make it really easy.

The kids had to throw Jonah to see if they could get him in the whale and here are our Jonahs...


They may look more like Star Wars figures than Jonah (!) but the kids didn't mind. We split the kids into two teams and team 1 won 25-24 - it was a close competition! I think my favourite part of the morning was getting all 10 children under the tables and covering  them with a table cloth, imagining they were inside the whale. They thought it was hilarious!

No comments:

Post a Comment