Monday 11 March 2013

Learning layers


I absolutely love the look of layers on a scrapbook page. I decided I wanted to have a go at a layered page and so I decided to scraplift a design from the ultra talented scrapbooker Marie-Nicholas Alliot. Her pages are AWESOME!

Here is my version of her original page, which is the second page on the blog post here.

It is only when I started to recreate the structure of the page that I really noticed all  the little well thought out details.


My favourite bit of the page is the way the date has been added (along with the ink splats and texture stamps) - love love love it!


I've just bought some of these new little wooden cameras by Prima and they sit so well on this page.


I've learnt a lot through the process of this scraplift and I think I'd like to try a couple of more layered scraplifts to get some more practice. I am a particular fan of the layered pages by Katherine Sutton and Lisa Saunders. Check them out - they are super talented xx.

3 comments:

  1. i dont think you need much practice at all, that page is fab. I struggle with layers so I might try scraplifting some time.
    enjoyed dipping into your previous posts too
    caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Emy - yours is beautiful, I love the photo and the little cameras and details and that is such a great way to include the date (might have to use that :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow love all ur ink work :) ur layers are fab and so are those cute little cameras x

    ReplyDelete