Tuesday 29 January 2013

Splash! - a summer layout


With the wind, rain, hail and thunder outside the window and the snow only just melted, it feels a bit funny scrapping photos of running around on a beach on a hot summer's day. This is my page based on this month's sketch over on the Sketchbook 365 challenge blog. It's based on a layout by Yvonne Yam.


I started out with a piece of paper from Echo Park's Note To Self collection which looks like corkboard so I went with that and made it look a little like a notice board, using brads for my drawing pins. I love these Studio Calico polaroid style frames...



I cut out some flags from a sheet by Elle's Studio and made the bunting. I like curling the edges of the flags to add a bit of texture to the page.


The challenge finishes on 15th February and there's a lovely prize from Echo Park up for grabs. Check out the other ideas from this sketch from the rest of the design team too - so creative!

5 comments:

  1. Love this Emy, those polaroid frames are fantastic.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the noticeboard layout, took a moment for me to realise is wasnt actually a board lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! Love the style and all of the little details x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that beach scene layout! Everything really works together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those bright colours - and your superhero layouts for your son!

    ReplyDelete