Sunday 2 October 2011

Sitting by the pond


Yesterday I went to my local crop and spent a lovely day getting inky and painty - more of the results will follow soon. I also jotted down Shimelle's sketch of the week before I headed out the door and I'm really pleased with how it turned out.

I had a go at stitching through the title. I'm not sure I should show this close up as I could do with a bit more practising.


I enhanced the inky splatter with some bakers twine swirls and some Prima bling too. I curled the edges of all my paper strips. I love how this adds texture to the page so easily.


3 comments:

  1. Sewing looks ok to me :) Love your colours and twine swirls too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout and the photo is lovely, it reminded me of my daughter at that age.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this layout and especially those swirls of twine! Such an original idea. I'll have to give it a try sometime. Great layout in every way. Thanks for sharing. :-)

    ReplyDelete