Tuesday 7 June 2011

Inspiration - Beautiful Things



I read this quote a couple of nights ago on the Owl City blog. Owl City is actually a guy called Adam Young and whether his music is to your taste or not, I'd recommend checking out his blog to read the most beautiful, poetic writings there.

One of things I think I've struggled with in the past about the objects that I make is that I'm a very practical person and I've always thought about how I can make something useful. My artwork will be turned into a gift for someone or a cushion cover or something else to use in the house. I've also been inspired by the quote by William Morris, "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful".

I think I have to give myself permission to accept that what I am making is beautiful and that is enough purpose to strive for.

No comments:

Post a Comment