Wednesday, 9 February 2011

Nellie Quilt

I am so pleased to finally be writing about this quilt. I designed this quilt nearly four years ago, by combining a couple of different elephant blocks I'd seen and adding the star motif. It was originally going to be a single bed sized quilt, but that was when I only had 1 child. I completed the wall quilt just before the birth of my 3rd child - it was the day before and I was quite determined the baby wasn't going to be born until I'd got the elephants finished! Needless to say things move quite slowly in our house when it comes to DIY type jobs and so two years later the quilt has finally been put up on the wall.

I made the quilt by sewing the fabrics onto papers and the tails are little plaits of embroidery silks.

No comments:

Post a Comment