Wednesday 27 October 2010

Week 4, Fabric ATCs

It' s week 4 over on "Fun with Fabric" with Donna Downey and this week it's supposed to be ATCs (Artist Trading Cards). As usual I haven't done what I'm told and I've created a scrapbook page with a divided page protector. I used the techniques Donna showed us and made my ATCs 4 x 6 instead to fit into the pockets. I've been meaning to use these pictures to make a photo quilt wallhanging and so this is a smaller version that I've actualy been able to complete.

I wanted to photograph the pieces in the page protector, but I haven't quite perfected this technique. I've included some close-ups to show the details.

The front...

The back...


Lessons learned from this project -
  • I wet the canvas before I cut out my 6 x 4 s to pre-shrink it, but I scrunched it up in a sink instead of spraying it. Those creases are never coming out.
  • I printed the photos on linen printable fabric. The image isn't as clear as the printable cotton for small images. Fabrics from Crafty Computer Paper
  • I enjoyed finding appropriate words to tear out from a book to add details.
  • The canvas shapes I cut out and painted worked really well.








I'm really looking forward to this week's lesson. I'm loving this class :)



3 comments:

  1. Fantastic, I love every little detail of these, and the colour scheme is perfect. May I follow? :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to have you along for the ride Eleanor :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks fab :) I couldn't afford to do this class but you've left me inspired & a bit more upbeat about it!

    ReplyDelete