Friday 8 October 2010

Fun with Fabric

It's Week 1 of a new class, "Fun with Fabric" with Donna Downey over at Big Picture Scrapbooking. Donna makes great tutorial videos , with loads of ideas and a lot of humour too. This week's project is supposed to be a camera bag, but I've used the techniques on a 12 x 12 square of uncoated artist canvas instead.

We started with applying acrylic paint and loads of water to the canvas. I really like this technique and will definitely be using it again. Donna showed us how to apply one of the Prima iron-on motifs. I had a couple of these in my stash and I'm very impressed with them. They are flocked and so add texture too. I added a little stitching around the photo and around the edge of the page.


I had a go at using Distress Ink on the text, which is another new product I haven't played with before. I've only got one colour at the moment but I think I'm going to have to get some more!




2 comments:

  1. Now I thought about signing up for this one, but changed my mind at the last minute - so I'm going to enjoy following along with what you've been doing. Please keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you have done with Donna's first week instructions. Thanks for the tip about the Prima iron-ons. Just looked them up and think I'll buy a few! See you in class!

    ReplyDelete