Friday 17 August 2012

A spinning sketch


Over on the Sketch365 challenge blog there is a new sketch to play with, by Emma Straface, and a great prize up for grabs - some beautiful vintage spools with lace and ribbon. I've already had a play as I'm part of the design team (oh, how I wish I could enter to win those lovely spools!!)

This is a page all about spinning, with some crazy photos of the ginger one at our local playground. Can you see the tiny arrows I added to make my circles spin too? I made the circles by dipping the end of a cardboard tube into paint. For lots more fabulous ideas for things to do with cardboard tubes, check out Alisa Burke's fabulous blog post HERE. I love Alisa's style.


The chevron ribbon I used here did funny things to my eyes. I promise you that it is a straight ribbon, but one end definitely looks wider than the other. Following on from the thrifty theme of using an old cardboard tube, can you see the length of what looks like bakers twine I stapled under the title. I don't have a big roll of it. I literally only have that piece - it came on a clothing tag!


Have fun with the sketch, the closing date for the challenge is 20th September. I look forward to seeing what everyone makes of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment