Sunday 8 April 2012

Pink Clouds

Julie Fei Fan Balzer has started a craft book club over on her blog and when I saw the first book I thought it looked familiar. It's called "Scraptastic" by Ashley Calder. I had a look on my shelves and found I had a copy. I can't remember getting it and I definitely don't remember reading it. Ooops! It's a fantastic book. I'm so glad Julie reminded me of it. There are so many great ideas that were way ahead of the fashions in 2007.

So here's my version of one of Asley's pages. I've had this photo of my daughter sitting on top of this piece of American Crafts patterned paper for about a month as I thought they went together so well. I didn't have a clue how to put them together though. This afternoon I just went for it taking techniques from one of my favourite pages.

I included free motion machine stitching...


I made a title using some really old alphabets (I love this)...


and I added my journalling on a piece of vellum...


This page worked out so well. I painted a layer of gesso onto the patterned paper and then added a blue wash over the top with a Neocolour crayon and water. This kept the multicoloured stripes but also added a blue sky layer. I managed to get some of my new washi tape in too!

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful Layout very colourful. Love your free style sewing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely colourful layout, perfect for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Emy, the colours are great.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the brights colours and the stitching - whata great idea! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your bright lettering - perfect for this page!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your dynamic composition, and your colors are so fresh!
    A lovely creation!Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete